Monday, January 21, 2013

Scorpions & Dancing Christmas Trees

Dreams:  A series of thoughts, images, or emotions occurring during sleep.


Let's face it people!

Dreams.
Can.
Be.
WEIRD!!!!

I can still remember dreams (ugh, nightmares) that I used to have when I was a child.  I was afraid to sleep in my own bed until I was about 8yrs old.... and not by choice!  ...because I probably would've slept with my folks longer if they wouldn't have kept kicking me out of their room!  Well, geez, what was my problem?  Ummm, I dunno... could be because I lived in a small town and my bedroom window faced the cemetery that was practically butted up to our backyard and my older cousins used to scare me and tell me ghost stories!!!

Okay so my blog title.... quick version... I was at a relative's house and she opened up a bin of toys for all the children to play with and a bunch of huge scorpions came out of the bin and the scorpions could shoot webs from their stingers so they quickly hid in another room where she had about five Christmas trees and one was about 15 feet tall and it was a dancing and singing Christmas tree.

*whispers*  "Nina... Do you have scorpions and a dancing Christmas tree?"


So this morning, I'm pouring my coffee and in comes my 10 year old... he says "Mommy, I had the NAKED dream!!"  It was like some major milestone he had crossed!! I had to hug my little dude and chuckle as he proceeded to tell me about his naked dream.

School dreams are weird though right? I find myself walking around the halls endlessly because I can't find my class, or I can't remember what class is next... OR why the heck am I (an "almost" 40 yr old woman) in Junior High!!

Peeing dreams... You keep peeing and peeing and peeing and you never feel relief!!!  And to top it all off, the stall you're peeing in has no door... oh! oh! oh! and um, the bathroom is co-ed. Yup...  I can't help but wonder how many of you have actually wet the bed while dreaming that your peeing???  Ha-ha-ha!  Me?  Nope. Not me. Ever. Yet.... but like I said.  I'm gonna be 40 soon.  Give me about 30 more years and I'll let ya know......  that's if I'm still blogging.

Dying dreams... Not too fond of those.  I don't feel the pain but I feel like I'm floating,  numb and very warm and my ears are ringing..... weird.

Dreams about someone who has passed?...  Are they just memories you're revisiting or is your loved one visiting you?  I'd like to think it's a visit.  I have a couple of visitors from time to time ;O)

Dreams about your everyday work life... YUCK!  Like I would want to dream about washing dishes, or waiting tables, or ordering computer parts, or data entry.... Eight hours of a working dream leaves me looking like this!!



ME TIRED :(  cause I basically worked all night!



So my hubs said I should write them down but some are too weird (don't lie... morbid) to share.  I guess I could be the next Stephen King.  Dang... or that Stephenie Meyer... Why couldn't I dreamt of a love triangle between a ditzy, Arizona girl that falls for a vampire but sorta-kinda loves the werewolf too.  Ugh.


I know a few people that say they don't have dreams, or can't remember them.  Do you?  What's your favorite or least favorite dream to have?





No comments:

Post a Comment