Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Happy New Year!

I know, I know... I'm fifteen days late!

My New Year is kinda funky right now.  It has started off good... and bad.

Good news...
I got to ring in the New Year with my uncle and my wonderful, out-of-town cousins.  It was a nice, cozy celebration.  I don't like to go out on New Year's... not yet anyway.  I'm terrified of something bad happening and leaving my boys with no parents.  What else is good? Well, we lived to see the year 2013!  Woohoo! No seriously, I never believed that nonsense!  Let's see... I'm eating healthier and working out again.   And most importantly, we started going to church again!  Looking to take their introduction classes and signing up for some of their study sessions as well as they are very needed and so overdue...

........whiiiiiiiich brings me to the bad news.  ........whiiiiiiiich I realize now that I don't feel comfortable putting it out there so let me just say this.

Family is number one.

FOR YOUR SPOUSE:
Your spouse is your best friend, treat them that way.
Have date night with you spouse.
Compliment your spouse.
Be spontaneous.
Always support their dreams.
Listen to them, don't just "hear" their words.
Be playful :O)
and most importantly...
LET GO OF THE PAST.

FOR YOUR KIDS:
Cherish your children, they are miracles.
Tell your children you love them daily even if they've upset you earlier in the day.
Hug your children, OFTEN.
Respect your children, demonstrating respect is how THEY learn!
Use kind words with your children.
Teach your children compassion, by demonstrating it.
Say sorry to your children when you are at fault.
Always kiss your children goodnight.

FOR YOU:
Love yourself.
Give yourself.
Respect yourself.
Be true.
Be loving.
Learn.
Surround yourself with positives!


Letting people treat you badly over and over again, whether it's verbally, or physically, or mentally is no way to treat yourself.  And yes, if you are allowing it to happen then YOU are basically treating yourself poorly.  I have to add, that sadly, you have to purge your life of those negative things even if it means losing family members.  Some people never change.  Learn from other's mistakes and break the cycle.

This is how I plan on having a fantastic and healthy year and I hope yours is (and has been so far) just as great!

What kinds of goals do you have for the year?



Here I am with my wonderful sons and hubby
of almost 19 years! :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment