Friday, December 21, 2012

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Four more days until Christmas! I can't believe this year is nearly over... as it's a bit of a blur.  Blame it on the busy schedules or the red wine.  Both are, ahem..  correct.

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas... just a tad wee bit stressful for me.  I am a horrible Santa.  Kid you not.  I pick the crappiest gifts ever.  Even my parents think so!  When I go shopping for someone my mind goes blank as soon as I step foot in the store.  Sadly, I'm starting to feel that way about shopping for my sons!! Finding gifts for them is REALLY difficult now as they've gotten older.  Austin is all about clothes and shoes and accessories.  I actually had him circle the items in a magazine that he wants and I picked his gifts from there! Sad I know but he's so specific about what he wants!  And then of course he always puts a few games on his wish list which are easy to buy.  Ethan, my little saver, has more money in his wallet than I do.  This kid is pretty content with what he has.  He says he doesn't "need" anything.  Love that guy!  His wish list this year... 4 items.  Three video games and a new scooter.

I can only imagine that it gets tougher from here.  What do you get kids that have every techie gadget out there?  As they get older, is a measly gift card suitable?

Ugh, just realized something.  Speaking of giving... :(

I wanted to take the boys to do some volunteer work this year for the holidays.  I started looking into it back in September but, how horrible am I?... I forgot.  I have a new lady friend from my Game Night group that does some volunteering.  I will definitely have to ask her about it.

.... and speaking of Game Night....  I joined my girlfriend's group about a week after I started my new group back in May (so yeah, I go to two a month now!)  Last night was her groups Holiday gift exchange.  We had to bring a $5 gift card and a $1 "creative" gift.  Okay.  Did I mention that I SUCK a little bit at giving gifts and even worserest if I can only spend ONE DOLLAR!?!?!  I felt like I was going out of my mind for the past 3 weeks looking for a $1 gift... oh yeah, a "creative" one.  I searched the net and even the almighty Pinterest!  Nada. Ziparoo, Nil, Zero with a capital ZEE!  My creative gift was purchased a couple of days ago... Thank you Russell Stover for my $1 box of chocolates.  That's as creative as it got.  I was relieved that the lady that got my gift was actually pretty happy to get a little box of chocolates.  These ladies are great and I look forward to seeing them every month.  We had a lot of laughs last night. The gal that hosted last night made an awesome dinner and dessert and her house is AHHH-MAZING!  I felt like I was in a winter wonderland.  She has every little nook and cranny filled with Christmas decor.  Gorgeous.

If you were limited to a $1 gift, what would you buy /make?






Last night's outfit for Bunco! :O)
I want (need) that handbag!
Did I mention I won a prize for Most Buncos!?!? Yup yup!

Red and Leopard Print


Knit cardigan
$33 - ginatricot.com


H&M skinny jeans
$16 - hm.com


H m
$4.86 - hm.com





No comments:

Post a Comment