Saturday, July 28, 2012

Refashion Summer Dress

Yesterday I went through my closet and found some dresses, shirts and T-shirts that I no longer wear and I tried to figure out how I could refashion them.  One of the dresses I selected seemed to be the easiest fix... I bought it a couple of years ago and it goes down to about mid thigh..  For some reason, it seems too short to me now so I didn't wear last summer and I haven't been able to wear it this summer either.  I love the print and the blue is really pretty and I knew for sure that I was not ready to give this dress up!



It's a Mossimo dress I bought from Target
but I can't remember the price.



I decided to cut off 10 inches, hem it and wear it as a cute shirt instead!



I am far from being a seamstress so believe me when I tell you that I was a bit frustrated at times.  I have a very difficult time sewing on a curve.  I know that there's probably a trick to it but I've never been taught and I've never asked.  I'm amazed I followed through with it because I'm that type of girl that wants to get it done quickly and easily!  I do have to say I was pleased with the results :O)

Have you ever cut the bottom off one of your dresses and worn it as a shirt?


1 comment:

  1. Wow! That turned out adorable and looks so good on you too. ;o) Great idea. I have always hand sewn my projects. Sewing on a machine makes me very nervous for some reason. Joe bought me a cute cheap little machine about 12 years ago and Josh broke it before I touched it. ;o( So I have made night gowns, stuffed animals, curtains table cloths and tons of repairing clothes by hand. I don't get nervous doing it that way either. Do I need therapy??!! ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete