Friday, July 27, 2012

iTechnology!

I'm a pretty basic gal and if it wasn't for my techy hubs, I'd probably still be writing checks to pay bills and watching T.V. with a foil antenna.  I see new gadgets all the time but I never long for them.  My hubby and I have been together for 22 years, met in high school... he's the one that introduced me to ATM machines, cell phones, computers, and Cd's back in the early 90's.  I finally broke down and let him get me a laptop for the first time about 4 years ago only because my dinosaur of a computer had finally quit! Later on came the iPhone which he forced me to play with at the Apple store and, of course, I fell in love with it because of how beautiful your photos look on the display.  He then surprised me with an iPad this past Mother's Day... not your typical gift, I know.  It was very difficult to accept and I begged him for a week to take it back!  Now my four year old Dell laptop is on it's last leg and he's trying to convince me to let him buy me an iMac. Ay-Ay-Ay!

Now if you took my iPhone and iPad away from me I think I'd die! It's nuts how we so quickly depend on these items for everything! But thanks to my iPad, I felt motivated to dust the cobwebs off my desk in my craft room and start creating again.  My newest obsessions, pinning like crazy on Pinterest and creating affordable outfits on a site called Polyvore. I know I'm not actually "creating" anything but Polyvore is a fun fashion site that allows you to put outfits together and you can even buy the items if you'd like.

Today I will be refashioning a dress that is a bit too short and turning it into a cute shirt.  Wish me luck, I am an inexperienced seamstress!

Have a wonderful Friday!



1 comment:

  1. Ya, it gets pretty bad when you are sitting next to your hubby or friend texting them instead of talking. Really sad how we don't communicate with our phones by talking on them anymore too. Conversations is going to be a lost activity soon. I love my Mac. We would never get anything else and have converted many die hard DELL users. I think every family should take one day a week where there is no electronics allowed. This way we stay connected and keep the ability to converse and bond with each other. ;o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete