Monday, August 19, 2013

Movie Monday: 2 Guns

So last Tuesday, Dale and I finally went to see 2 Guns!  It was Dale's idea and totally last minute but when he told me who was starring in it, I was in the car before he could finish saying "And the Funky Bunch"  (Some of you youngins may not know what that means, ask your parents).  Well, I sure love me some Denzel Washington and who can resist the cutie patootie Marky-Mark??  Put them together and you've got magic.  I really thought these guys worked really well together!  Action packed, funny and twists left an right... There were some parts that I thought might get a bit too gruesome but I toughed it out and loved every minute of it.  If you haven't seen it... check it out! It's been out a couple of weeks already!


Click this link to watch a 3min. preview :)




This week the plan is to see the Steve Jobs movie.  Although, I heard it's not getting good reviews.  Dale is still interested in seeing it of course cause he's a huge Apple fan.  I don't mind seeing it either cause I'm a big Kutcher fan <3

What movie are you looking forward to see?




Welp!  I spent another morning cooking again for my SIL and her roommate.  She'll be moving to TN with her aunt on the 2nd week of September (well, that's the plan) so I figured I'd cook another weeks worth of food for them.  The last batch of food lasted them about 10 days which was surprising to me.  I thought it'd last them 7-8 days... but not 10!  So it worked out well!


Click link for recipe: 


What are they having for dinner?
1. Roast Beef with mashed spuds and veggies
2. Creamy chicken veggie soup with biscuits
3. Lasagna Rolls
4. Tamales
5. Chicken roll ups with green sauce


It's a lot of food to cook for one day but the nice thing is, is that it sets me up for the week as well.  The food that I'm cooking is for them and for us ;)

I'm really thankful that I am able to do this for them.  I have the time to do it and I enjoy cooking and I think I do it well! Thank goodness!  ....and we can afford to buy a few extra groceries to make larger batches of food.  Also, it feels great when she calls me after dinner to tell me how much she enjoyed the meal.  Yup! At least I can give them happy bellies for a while to help them forget about their other aches and pains. 

What's your best dish?






No comments:

Post a Comment