Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Goodbye 30's...

We've had some really good times,
We've had some really bad times.



I cried a lot,
but I laughed a lot too.




I've given in to some things,
and I've fought harder for others.




I've learned that turning 40 is not old,
It's mature and can be quite sexy!




I'm learning to forgive myself,
and to be honest with myself...




I've learned to stand up,
and speak up!




I've learned that experiences hold more value,
and materialistic things fade.




I've learned that I love "giving",
but that doesn't necessarily mean that "I'll be getting".




I've learned to let go of the bad in my life,
In order to make room for the good...




I've learned that when I'm not at my best,
My family suffers...




I've learned to live intentionally,
Not to just "exist"...




I've learned that turning 40 brings me freedom,
and some things aren't as important anymore...




I've learned that it's okay to be me,
and people can either love it or leave it.




I've learned that forgiving others,
Feels so much better than holding grudges.




I've learned that no matter how nice I am,
Some people may not like me and that's okay...




I've learned that acts of kindness,
go a long way.




I've learned that failure sucks!
But not trying is worse...




I learned I have the power to BELIEVE,
and the choice to be HAPPY!


So CHEERS to me! I've reached the top of the hill...
I think it's time to make my way up a mountain!



1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!! APRIL IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER...THEN I WILL BE JOINING YOU IN THE FORTY AND FABULOUS CLUB! :-)

    ReplyDelete